This 5 ingredient Ratatouille is truly amazing. You only need Tomatoes, Zucchinis, Eggplants, Bell Peppers and Red Onions. Add some fresh Basil, plenty of dried Oregano, a jar of tinned Tomatoes and you are done. It’s the perfect side dish for a summer barbeque night or a cozy picnic in the park. I love to eat it cold as the flavour is even richer. The creamy consistency makes this Ratatouille so delicious and comforting! You won’t even notice that it’s completely oil and salt free. It’s nice to make a big batch of it and store it in containers so you have a lunch box for the week. 🙂
Let me know what you think 🙂
Tag me in your pictures on instagram 🙂 @carolinedeisler / #carolineschoice
INGREDIENTS (serves 2-3)
3 Red Onions
1 Bunch fresh basil
1 kg plum tomatoes
4 Bell Peppers (red/ yellow/ orange)
1 Jar Tomato Passata
4 teaspoons dried Oregano
- Cut the onions and all the other vegetables in square, not too small pieces.
- Place all the cut vegetables in a large pot and add a bit of water to avoid burning.
- Add the dried Oregano and let it simmer on medium heat for about 20-25 minutes.
- Add the fresh Basil and Tomato Passata and stir it all well together. Add more Oregano and Salt if you need to and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- It’s nice if you have the time to let it cool down for an hour because the taste is getting even stronger.
- I love to serve it with steamed potatoes and a scoop of fresh coconut yoghurt on top.