My first 7 DAY VEGAN CHALLENGE starting next monday, April 24th!! I am sooo excited! Let’s do this! 🙂
How this is gonna work:
I will provide you with an example of 3 daily meal plans + grocery shopping list and my personal tips. Let’s all use the hashtag #CarolinesVeganChallenge to inspire each other. I can’t wait to see all your colorful fruit plates and delicious vegan meals. 🙂
- 20-30 bananas -> buy them all today so in case they are not ripe yet they will ripen at home and become spotty. If you can, buy organic bananas as they taste so much better and are free of pesticides.
- Any fruit you like. Melons, Pineapple, Mangos, Apples, Pears, Oranges, etc. Make sure you buy A LOT OF FRUITS so whenever you are hungry you have sweet fruits in your house. 🙂 The biggest mistake on that lifestyle is not to eat enough fruits during the day and then have cravings for high fat foods at night. I know I recommend eating a large amount of fruit and you might be scared that this is too much sugar but you need to eat at least around 2000 kcal per day from fruits otherwise you won’t feel satisfied and energized. 🙂 Please remember calories from fruits count not the same as calories from animal & dairy products!
- Medjool Dates -> I suggest to buy 2 -3 kilos of organic medjoul dates as they will be a staple food on this lifestyle. They are a little pricy but you will LOVE them and they really make this lifestyle so easy, especially if you have a sweet tooth. 🙂
- 2-3 kg of organic potatoes / Sweet potatoes. You can steam them, roast them (without oil & salt). I have potatoes at least 3-4 times per week for dinner as they are really filling and yummy. 🙂
- Lot’s of leafy green vegetables: Spinach, rocket, batavia lettuce, mesclun salad, escarole (my favourite), kale, parsley, swiss chard, broccoli etc. => Use all of them to make green smoothies and salads. Try to have a green smoothie at least every second day. Green Smoothies give you SO MUCH ENERGY, prevent sweet cravings and help your body to detoxify.
- Any vegetables you like => Carrots, bell pepper, eggplant, squash, zucchinis, etc.
- 2-3 Avocados. Avocados are my favourite source of healthy fats and are perfect for salad dressings.
- Lemons & limes => First thing in the morning, you should drink 1 litre of water. I love to add fresh lemon/lime to it to give my digestion a kick start and to help my body to cleanse itself.
- Brown rice pasta. If you like pasta then brown rice pasta will make the perfect substitute. There are brown rice spaghetti, penne, fussili etc. Just keep in mind not to use any oil & salt for the sauce. Keeping it low fat will give you the best results. Fat takes 3 times as long as carbs to be turned into energy and 3 times longer to digest. Oil is also an isolated fat which means it is not in its natural form (Olives) and is 100% pure fat without the fibre and other things found in whole olives.
- Brown rice, white rice, quinoa => You can cook a big batch of these once and then store them in the fridge for a fast dinner when you get home after a long day at work. I love to throw some vegetables in a pan (squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, chickpeas, add coconut milk and serve it with brown rice and fresh sliced cucumber. An easy & delicious dinner. 🙂
- Chickpeas, butter beans, organic tinned tomatoes (no added salt/oil)
- Coconut milk => perfect for veggie curries
These Guide lines are some personal tips that will make you feel your best. 🙂 You don’t have to follow each of them but maybe you will start to implement some of them into your daily life. 🙂
- Eat Dates instead of other sweets
- Start your day with 1 liter of water before having breakfast
- Add lemon, limes, cucumber, mint or ginger to your water to give you an extra boost
- Drink more green smoothies!! Green Smoothies make you younger, fitter and healthier and give your skin an extra glow. ( I love to use fresh spinach, parsley, kale, cucumber, celery ..+ sweet fruits like pineapple, bananas)
- Say no to coffee, cigarettes, alcohol and white sugar. Coffee is very dehydrating and acid for the body. It is also quite aggressive on your stomach and gets your blood pressure up. You will see that after a few weeks on that lifestyle you will wake up fresh and don’t need any of that anymore.
- Cut out oil & salt. Try it and you will see what a big difference it makes. 🙂
- Never count calories and always eat as much as you like. 🙂 This lifestyle is all about eating in abundance and enjoying every day to the fullest. It is not a diet but a LIFESTYLE.
- Do every day 3 (of these) things that are good for you. That can be a 30 min walk, going for a run, taking the bike to work/ school, going for a massage, eating more sweet fruits, making a green smoothie, etc. Remind yourself that you are doing that because you want to treat yourself well. 🙂
- I personally love to eat 100% raw as well and you can switch any dinner with fruits, smoothies, dates, zucchini noodles, etc.
EXAMPLE DAY 1
1 Liter of Water/ lemon water. Drink 2 more liters during the day
Breakfast: Green Smoothie: Blend 1 hand full spinach, 1 bunch fresh parsley, ½ cucumber, 2 ripe bananas, 5 dates and 500ml of water. + Sweet honey melons or watermelon. (as much as you like)
Snack: Medjool Dates
Lunch: Mono meal of ripe/ spotty bananas. (I would eat around 7 bananas)
Snack: Mangos or any other fruit you like
Dinner: Large green salad with lots of cherry tomatoes and sliced cucumber or zucchini ( I love to slice the cucumber/zucchini with a potato peeler). Dressing: 1/2 avocado + fresh lemon. Massage the avocado into the greens and let it sit for a few minutes. + Plain steamed potatoes or sweet potatoes. (let the potatoes cool down for 10 minutes after cooking)
EXAMPLE DAY 2
1 L Water/Lemon Water + 2 more litres plain water during the day
Breakfast: Smoothie: 1/2 pineapple, 1 mango, 2 frozen bananas and 1 cup of frozen strawberries or raspberries.
Snack: Medjool dates
Lunch: Mono meal of fruits or vegetable sushi => Avocado inside out rolls, cucumber/avocado maki rolls + any other vegetable rolls. This is a great opportunity to eat out with friends. 🙂
Snack: Green Smoothie: handful of spinach, parsley, 300ml water + 1 apple or pear.
Dinner: Brown rice pasta with a fresh tomato sauce (this is a new recipe and sooo yummy!) + large green salad with 1/2 avocado + lemon juice as a dressing.
or oil free/ salt free oven baked potato and sweet potato wedges with homemade ketchup + a large green salad. This is a great recipe for the ketchup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewng0Xk1Zes
EXAMPLE DAY 3
1 L Water/Lemon Water + 2 more litres plain water during the day
Breakfast: Ripe honey melons or water melon (as much as you like)
Snack: More fresh fruits like Mangos, pineapple, berries, apples etc.
Lunch: Mono Meal of Medjool Dates. (I eat around 20 at a time)
Snack: fresh cut celery & bell peppers or a green Smoothie
Dinner: Big green salad + Vegetable Curry with rice. This is one of my favourite recipes! So filling and delicious 🙂
The key is that you can always eat as much as you like from the food that is on the meal plan. I don’t want you to restrict yourself or feel guilty about any meal. Those are all high carb low fat plant based foods that make you fit, lean, healthy and beautiful. Trust me I eat like that for almost 3 years now and have never felt better. 🙂
I hope this is helpful. 🙂