For all bread lovers out there, this is going to be your new favourite thing!:-))) I originally planned to make a pasta sauce out of the ingredients but it turned out to be soooo yummm on toasted sourdough bread. I literally ate the whole pan on toast and absolutely love it. However, it is still just as amazing as a pasta sauce! 🙂 Artichocke hearts, cherry tomatoes, and creamy eggplant go so well together, it’s a dream!! Olives add a great taste as well but are totally optional. 🙂
- 1 glass artichoke hearts
- 400gr tinned tomatoes (I always use these)
- 1 eggplant
- 500gr cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- fresh basil & pepper to taste
- green olives
- Start by cutting the onion, eggplant and cherry tomatoes and artichoke heart in your preferred size.
- add a tiny bit of water to a non sticky pan and stir the onion and eggplant on medium to high heat.
- add the cherry tomatoes and artichoke hearts (and olives) after a few minutes and stir for good 5 minutes.
- add the tinned tomatoes and let it simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat
- take half of the spread and blend it in a mixer so it gets creamy
- add the blended sauce back in the pan and let it cool down for 15 min. That way it’ll be nice and thick.
- Serve it on toasted sourdough bread or use it with any pasta. It goes well with brown rice penne or fussili.
I hope you love this recipe as much as i do!! Let me know what you think and tag me in your creations on Instagram @carolinedeisler 🙂 Have a lovely day everyone!