I am so excited to be sharing my first blog post with you and I want to answer one of the most frequently asked questions.
What are the best foods for beautiful skin?
Having great skin is so important for our self confidence and plays a big role in how we feel.
Since going vegan and especially since cutting out all diary products, I saw such a big improvement in my skin. Therefore, I made a list of the 5 most important nutrients for healthy skin and in which foods you will find them.
- Watermelon, strawberries, mango, Leeks, green beans, garbanzo beans, cucumber, celery, asparagus,
- If you feel like you are not able to eat enough foods that contain silica and want to take a supplement, I highly suggest to use the liquid form as it will be much better absorbed.
- Spinach, kidney Beans, Chickpeas, Pumpkin Seeds, Flax Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Dates, Bananas, Dried Figs, Dried Apricots
- OMEGA 3 FATTY ACIDS
- Avocado, Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds, Walnuts, Cauliflower, Brussel Sprouts
- Kale, Broccoli, Cabbage, Spinach, Brazil nuts, Sunflower Seeds, Shiitake/ White Button Mushrooms, Chia Seeds
- VITAMIN C, E, A
- C: Red/ Green Bell Peppers, Kale, Spinach, Parsley, Collard Greens, Broccoli, Strawberries, Papaya, Kiwi, Pineapple, Cantaloupe Melon
- E: Sunflower seeds, Almonds, Avocado, Kale, Asparagus, Cabbage, Turnip Greens, Tomatoes, Pine Nuts
- A: Carrots, Sweet Potato, Cantaloupe Melon, Apricots, Butternut Squash, Kale, Spinach, Cilantro, Collard Greens
Focusing on eating these foods will make your skin radiant and healthy looking. I find it the easiest to make green smoothies and try to have one at least every two days. I love to use kale, swiss chard and other dark leafy greens as it is such an easy and delicious way to eat them. I hope you find these tips helpful! 🙂