I love this green curry so much. It is one of my favourite things to make as it is so nutritious and healthy for us but also tastes amazing. The combination of green asparagus, okra and broccoli is so rich in flavour and develops a touch of sweetness. Those green vegetables are high in iron, high in Vitamin C, have lots of proteins and help to cleanse our kidneys. I love to add fresh coconut meat, fresh cucumber and cashew nuts to my curry to give it an extra crunch.
Hope you like it as much as I do :-).
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
1 Shallot Onion
1 small piece ginger
200 gr Okra
1 Large Head Broccoli
1-2 Bunches Green Asparagus
400ml Coconut milk
4 teaspoons Curry powder (I like to use this one http://www.steenbergs.co.uk/product/158/mild-curry-powder-organic/10/17 The flavour is amazing and it does not contain any salt.) 🙂
1 teaspoon Cumin
Fresh Cut Coconut Flakes
Raw Cashew Nuts
- Cut the Onion, ginger and all the vegetables in your preferred size
- Marinate the vegetables in the curry powder and lemon juice and let them sit for a few minutes
- In the meantime, place the onion in a non stick pan or wok and give 1/3 of the coconut milk to it and stir for a few minutes
- Give all the other vegetables to it and the rest of the coconut milk
- Add cumin and let it cook on medium heat for about 15- 20 minutes
- Cut the cucumber, the fresh coconut meat and coriander and serve it on the side along with raw cashew nuts.
I also love to have potatoes with this curry instead of having rice. I usually steam or boil small “Charlotte” potatoes for 25 minutes and give them to the curry right at the end or serve them on the side and leave the skin on.