Hey Guys 🙂
Green Smoothies have played a big part in my vegan journey!! 🙂 They are the ultimate health drink and the easiest way to include more greens into your diet. 🙂 There is noting as dense in nutrients as fresh green smoothies. 🙂 If you have read my blog post about Juice Fasting you know that I recommend to drink Smoothies regularly to balance out the sugar we eat. Green Smoothies are are packed with chlorophyll, protein and fibre.
Here is a new combo that I have really enjoyed making lately. 🙂
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small piece of ginger
- Pineapple or Mango
- Water (I usually use 300ml for 1 portion)
- Put all the ingredients in a high speed blender (I use a Vitamix 750) and blend until smooth
- Aim for 70% Greens & 30% fruits in your smoothie. That way they are super healthy and taste great 🙂
- Pre wash the greens and store them in a container to save time in the morning
- Always try to buy spinach, parsley, swiss chard, kale etc. organic – they have over 50% more nutrients than non organic greens
- Greens last up to 3-4 days in the fridge, so you only need to go shopping twice a week
- Drink Green Smoothies in the morning! You´ll be surprised how much your sweet cravings will change.
- Enjoyyyyy :-))) Look at it as your skincare in a glass 🙂