For everyone who loves Avocado on Toast this is going to be your next favourite dish!!!!
The combination of fresh and most importantly ripe tomatoes, delicious smelling basil and a shallot onion is soooo full of flavor and amazingly tasty. The lemon is a great replacement for salt and I promise it tastes so good that you won’t miss any oil.
But if you prefer to add some oil on the tomatoes or on the bread, then I would suggest using cold pressed virgin olive oil.
It literally only takes 5-10 minutes to prepare the tomatoes and therefore makes the perfect starter for a relaxed dinner with friends.
I can’t wait to hear what you think about this recipe and see your creations 🙂 Tag me with #carolineschoice!
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
1 Shallot Onion
5 Plum Tomatoes
10 Cherry Tomatoes
Country Bread – you can definitely use any other bread if you prefer a gluten free version but I love the crunchiness of country breads :-).
- Start by cutting the onion in fine pieces.
- Chop the tomatoes and basil in small squares and add the onion
- Add fresh lemon juice to the mixture and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes.
This step is really important as the flavor is becoming so nice and strong if you let it sit for a few minutes.
- In the meantime preheat the oven and once it’s hot, toast the bread until preferred crispness
- Use a spoon to put the tomato mixture on the toasted bread, sprinkle some fresh pepper on top and its ready to serve. ENJOY 🙂 SOOOOOO YUMMM!!!