Since you guys loved the roasted Squash Salad Recipe, i made another delicious summer salad.
I usually don’t only have a salad as a meal, but this one is so filling and satisfying you are going to love it! Potatoes and Asparagus go so well together and make this salad super delicious. I called this one ‘The Fitness Salad’ because I am having potatoes & greens almost every night and just change it up by adding seasonal vegetables. 🙂 Hope this one becomes one of your favourites as well! Here is what you need 🙂
INGREDIENTS (serves 2 )
1-2 Salad Heads
1 Bunch Green Asparagus
6 or more Potatoes (i love Charlotte Potatoes)
500gr Heirloom Tomatoes or Cherry Tomatoes
100gr cooked beetroot
100gr green string beans
1 cup coconut yogurt
1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
- Start by boiling the potatoes for 25 min ( it’s nice to leave the skin on if you use organic potatoes). Once they are done cooking, set them aside and let them cool down.
- Steam the asparagus & beans for 5 minutes and let them cool down as well.
- Wash and cut your greens and tomatoes. Add some lemon juice.
- Cut the cooked beetroot in stripes, as well as the asparagus and add them to the salad
- Cut the potatoes in half and mix them as well as the beans into the salad.
- Finally, put a scoop of coconut yogurt on top and sprinkle some sunflower seeds.
Feel free to add olive oil and/ or salt to this salad. I, personally just like to keep my salad dressing simple and only use lemon juice as the coconut yogurt kind of becomes the dressing. 🙂