Changing your Lifestyle to a healthier one is never easy and can be quite tough and frustrating sometimes. It doesn’t matter if you want to become vegan or just want to pack more fruits and vegetables into your day, these tips will hopefully make it easier for you. :-))
- focus on having A LOT of fruit in your house so whenever you are hungry or crave something sweet you have sweet fruits to munch on. My favorites are Medjool Dates, Bananas, Melons, figs and cherries.
=> Bananas are perfectly ripe and easy to digest when they have spots on them.
=> Buy organic whenever possible. It is a bit more expensive but it is so much better for your health and tastes much better as well.
- Eat as many fruits as you care for during the day. Please do not count calories of fruits and vegetables. They are so good for you and naturally low in calories that there is absolutely no reason to count calories of fruits. Only make sure you don’t eat fruits after cooked food because fruits digest much quicker. If you just ate a cooked meal the fruits are sitting on top of that and can’t be digested properly -> which leads to gases and digestive problems.
- Prepare healthy snacks to take with you during a busy day so you are not tempted to eat bad food. -> I like to have Dates with me as well as apples or cut up fruits.
- Buy a blender :-). It does not necessarily have to be a Vitamix if your budget is low but I definitely recommend investing in one if you can:)). You won’t regret it! Smoothies are so satisfying and keep you away from snacking on bad food.
- Drink a lot of water during the day (min. 2 -2,5 litres a day) -> I love to make fruit infused waters like lemon/mint or strawberry/cucumber water. It really makes drinking water so much more exciting.
- Educate yourself and watch documentaries like “Earthling”, “Hungry for change”, “Food Matters”, “Food Inc.”, “Simply Raw”, “Forks over Knives”, etc.
- Read books like “The China Study”, “Peace Food”, “The Sun Food Diet Success System”, “Heal Yourself”, etc.
- Make small steps and do not push yourself too hard if you don’t reach your goal overnight. Small changes like having a big meal of fresh fruit for breakfast or having Medjool Dates instead of chocolate will already do wonders.
- Concentrate on adding fresh Fruits & Vegetables to your diet and how well you are treating your body. Don’t focus on the foods you have to cut out as that puts the negative first. I feel like as soon as we think we can’t have a certain food, that’s all we want.
- Have fun and enjoy your meals. This Lifestyle is about abundance. Fruit is the most attractive food on the planet and that is for a reason 🙂 Believe in the power of plants and you will see it works :-)!