I love Curries so much as they are so comforting and the perfect dish to serve when you invite friends over. So I thought about sharing this delicious summer version.
It is easy to prepare and once its done cooking you can let it sit in the pot for a few hours and just heat it up before serving. That way the flavour is becoming even richer you have time to do other things.
I like to only use orange vegetables for this as the combination of sweet potato, carrots and butternut squash is so satisfying and the chickpeas go so well with that.
Try the topping of fresh cut cucumber as it is the best thing ever :-). It really makes it taste so fresh and crunchy.
I often make a big batch of this curry and use double the ingredients as it can be easily stored it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Hope you like it as much as I do :-)!!
INGREDIENTS (serves 2-3)
1 small onion
1 small piece fresh ginger
2 sweet potatoes
1 butternut squash
3 large carrots
1 can chickpeas
1 can coconut milk
4 or more teaspoons curry powder
-> I like to use this one http://www.steenbergs.co.uk/product/158/mild-curry-powder-organic/10/17 The flavour is amazing and it does not contain any salt. J
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Chilli Flakes/ pepper
- Cut the onion, ginger in small pieces
- Cut the sweet potatoes, squash and carrots in your preferred size -> I like to have bigger pieces and I don’t peel the sweet potato 🙂
- Give 1-2 teaspoons curry powder to the vegetables to marinate them
- Give a ¼ of the coconut milk to a non sticking pan or wok and add the onions and ginger. Add the rest of the vegetables, add coconut milk and leave it on medium heat for minimum 30 minutes
- Add curry powder, smoked paprika
- Stir occasionally
- Add chickpeas 5-10 minutes before the end
- Cut cucumber and coriander to serve on the side
TIP: For anyone who is in a hurry here is a faster way to do it.
- steam all the cut up vegetables for about 15 minutes
- Place the onion, ginger, curry powder and smoked paprika in a pan, add some coconut milk and add the steamed vegetables
- Add rest od coconut milk and chickpeas and let it cook for 5 minutes.
Bon Appetit :-)!